All India 2017-18 (Third Advance Estimates) of Area & Production of Horticulture Crops
बागवानी फसलों के क्षेत्र और उत्पादन के All India 2017-18 3rd अग्रिम अनुमान
The Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare has released the 2017-18(3 rd Advance Est.) of Area and Production of Horticulture Crops. These estimates are based on the information received from different State/UTs in the country.
Following table summarises the All-India Final Estimates: 2016-17 and 2017- 18 (3’d Advance Estimates):
|Total Horticulture||2016-17||2017-18*||% change of 2017-18(3rd adv. Est.)w.r.t.|
|Area (‘000 Ha)||24851||25662||3.26|
* Third Adv. Est.
The Third Advance Estimates for horticulture crops, have been prepared on the basis of information received from State Departments of Horticulture/Agriculture and various agencies like Directorate of Arecanut & Spices Development (DASD), Directorate of Cashew & Cocoa Development (DCCD) and National Bee Board (NBB). The main highlights of horticulture scenario during 2017- 18 are as under.
- The total horticulture production of the country is estimated to be 306.8 Million Tonnes during 2017-18 which is 2.05% higher than the previous year and 8.5% higher than the past 5 years’ average production.
- Production of fruits is estimated to be about 97 million tonnes which is 4.5% higher than previous year.
- Production of vegetables is estimated to be about 179.7 million tonnes which is about 1.0% higher than the previous year.
- Onion production in the current year is likely to be around 220 lakh Tonnes as against 224 lakh Tonnes in 2016-17, which is 6%, higher than the last 5 years’ average.
- Potato production is estimated at 485 lakh Tonnes as against 486 lakh Tonnes in 2016-17 which is about 5% higher than the last 5 years’ average production.
- Tomato production in the current year is likely to be around 194 lakh Tonnes as against 207 lakh Tonnes in 2016-17 which is about 3% higher than the last 5 years’ average production.
|Download Full Data pdf File||Click Here|
|Agriculture Quiz||Click Here|
|More Agriculture Current Affairs